- Laceration at the GE junction due to severe prolonged vomiting (MW syndrome)
- Dilated submucosal veins in the lower third of the esophagus ,usually secondary to portal hypertension (EV)
- Most Common Cause : alcoholism in (MW syndrome) , Cirrhosis in (EV)
- Presentation : Mild hematemesis in (MW syndrome) , Massive hematemesis when ruptured in (EV)
- Complication : Boerhaave syndrome (esophageal rupture) in (MW syndrome) , Potentially fatal hemorrhage in (EV)
both can possibly lead to death in alcoholics.